Visa Scam Notice: The Embassy of Rwanda in the U.S. regrets to inform its clients that there are several websites that have been selling fraudulent visas to unsuspecting victims. The only two websites that can guarantee you authentic online visas are migration.gov.rw and irembo.gov.rw. While cybersecurity officials look into the matter, we ask you to exercise caution in the visa process to avoid being a victim to these websites.
Through the Embassy in Washington DC: By submitting an application form to the Embassy in person or by post. If by post, please include a self-addressed recorded delivery or first-class delivery return envelope in your application pack.
- Applicant must provide a valid passport for at least six months.
- For Regular visa: The applicant must submit as expected completed application form in his/her own handwriting or in type
- For East African tourist Visa: The applicant must submit as expected completed EATVapplication form in his/her own handwriting or in type. Please note the EATV visa cannot be obtained upon arrival without prior approval.
- The applicant is required to provide 2 colored passport photos– white background. All facial features must be visible, free from hair, hats or scarf.
- A signed accompanying letter explaining the purpose for traveling to Rwanda.
- A signed invitation letter with a copy of passport/ID and residence permit (if your host is not Rwandan) and/or confirmation of hotel accommodation booking
- The applicant must provide proof of residence in USA, Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina.
- Payment must be in money order, cashier check or bank draft Refundable. The embassy does not accept personal checks, credit cards or cash as means of payment.
Submission of documents in short of one or more of the above VISA REQUIREMENTS will cause a delay in the processing.
- A stamped/prepaid, registered and self-addressed envelope must be included with an application submitted by mail. Alternatively, an applicant may arrange collection of their passport by a courier.
- The visa process takes four (4) to (14) business days.
- Send your application package to the Embassy of Rwanda in Washington DC for processing:1714 New Hampshire Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C., 20009.
- NOTE: Due to an increased number of applicants, people are advised to give themselves enough time between the date of travel and application.
- Visa fees: 30-day one month single entry visa-$30, 30-day one month Multiple entry visa -$50, (Embassy issues up to 90-day single or multiple visa. 31-60 days two months, $60 or $100 for Multiple, 61-90 days 3 months $90 or $150 for Multiple) East Africa Tourist Visa (Rwanda, Uganda and Kenya)$100.
- No fees required for Official, Diplomatic and Service passports holders.
- PLEASE NOTE IF APPLICATIONS ARE REFUSED, OR WITHDRAWN BY THE APPLICANT, FEES ARE NO REFUNDABLE.
Visa Exempt countries
In view of bilateral agreements, nationals of the following Countries may visit Rwanda without a visa for a period up to 90 days: Hong Kong, Philippines, Mauritius, Singapore and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
East African Community Countries
Holders of EAC Partner States passports (Kenya and Uganda) shall be issued with 6 months (renewable) visitors pass upon arrival at no fee.
Visa issued on arrival
A visa valid for up to 30 days on arrival without a prior application will be issued to all citizens of any given Country including Travel Document (Temporally) holders.
Holders of US Travel Documents (Temporally Travel Document)
Applicants with the United States travel documents traveling for more than 30 days must obtain visas before traveling to Rwanda. Failure to obtain visas from the Embassy will result in refusal to board the plane to Rwanda.