The consular card is a prerequisite for all applicants. If you don’t have one, before you proceed to the next step, please submit your application by filling this form (Click here). Once approved, your consular card will be delivered to you in the same envelope as the document you are applying for.
- Photocopy of applicant’s Rwanda government-issued ID or Rwanda Passport.
- Seal from a local notary
- Celibacy certificate from the Department of State-Federal level (for foreigners). Visit this link for more information
- Application letter addressed to the Ambassador requesting for the Embassy notarization. Please include the following in the letter:
- Applicant’s physical address in the U.S. and contact information.
- Money order or Cashier’s check of 30 USD payable to the Embassy of Rwanda (this fee is non-refundable and non-transferable).
- Prepaid, self-addressed, traceable FedEx return envelope. Non-traceable envelopes will not be accepted.
Submission of an incomplete application; in short of one or more of the above requirements will be returned. Property related POA might take up to 45 working days.