The consular card is a prerequisite for all applicants. If you don’t have one, before you proceed to the next step, please submit your application by filling this form (Click here). Once approved, your consular card will be delivered to you in the same envelope as the document you are applying for.
- Photocopy of applicant government-issued ID.
- Proof of celibacy (e.g. latest tax returns filled marital status as single).
- Seal of a local notary on application letter addressed to the Ambassador requesting for the Embassy notary. Please include the following in the letter:
- Applicant physical address in the U.S. and contact information.
- Money order or Cashier’s check of 30USD payable to the Embassy of Rwanda (this fee is non-refundable and non-transferable).
- Self-addressed, traceable return envelope. These can be found at any of your nearest post services office. Non-traceable envelopes will not be accepted.
Submission of an incomplete application; in short of one or more of the above requirements will be returned. Property related POA might take up to 45 working days.