The consular card is a prerequisite for all applicants. If you don’t have one, before you proceed to the next step, please submit your application by filling this form (Click here). Once approved, your consular card will be delivered to you in the same envelope as the document you are applying for.
- Formal Application letter to the Embassy stating your request for a waiver of the two-year home residency requirement. Include your current address and telephone number.
- Copy of your Case file number from the United States Department of State, Visa Office, Waiver Review Division.
- Copies of your Rwandan passport from page and proof of F or J status.
- Copy of your clearance letter from your sponsor in Rwanda AND a letter of NO OBJECTION from the sponsor who facilitated the J1 visa.
- Letter from your current Employer/Institution.
- Copy of your current Exchange visitor program number (DS2019).
- Copy of your current I-94.
- $30 money order payable to the Embassy of Rwanda.
A prepaid, traceable and self-addressed envelope for the Embassy to mail your letter to the Department of State, preferably from USPS, UPS or FedEx.