The consular card is a prerequisite for all applicants. If you don’t have one, before you proceed to the next step, please submit your application by filling this form (Click here). Once approved, your consular card will be delivered to you in the same envelope as the document you are applying for.
Please schedule an appointment visit to the Embassy in Washington D.C., through email@example.com and please bring with you the following:
- Recommendation letter or affidavit from your nearest Rwandan Community Leader in the US, or community leader in Rwanda.
- A signed application letter addressed to the Ambassador.
- Copy of residence permit or any other document stating the applicant’s status in the USA.
- Copy of Rwanda government-issued ID, if the applicant is of Rwandan nationality.
- Money order or Cashier’s check of 30USD payable to the Embassy of Rwanda (this fee is non-refundable and non-transferable).
- Prepaid, self-addressed and traceable return envelope (envelopes with no tracking number will not be accepted).