The consular card is a prerequisite for all applicants. If you don’t have one, before you proceed to the next step, please submit your application by filling this form (Click here). Once approved, your consular card will be delivered to you in the same envelope as the document you are applying for.
The Embassy of Rwanda in Washington DC issues tax exemption recommendations to Rwandans returning home with their belongings. To qualify for this recommendation, one must be moving back to Rwanda for good or at least for a long-stretched period. Included in the category are students who have graduated, Rwandans who have been residents or USA citizens of and have decided to move back to Rwanda for work, retirement or just to live in their homeland.
For the applicant to qualify for the Tax exemption, the following should be provided:
- Proof of residence in the United States.
- A copy of a picture Rwandan identification card/passport.
- A request letter (certified by authorized Notary Public) signed by the applicant addressed to the Ambassador.
- A signed list of items intended to be shipped to Rwanda.
- A copy of a title is required if you have a vehicle:the applicant must have owned the vehicle for a minimum period of 12 months.
- Provide 30 USD money order or bank draft payable to the Embassy of Rwanda.
- A prepaid, self-addressed and traceable envelop be used in the mailing process of documents is mandatory.
Note: Return envelopes with no tracking numbers will not be accepted