The consular card is a prerequisite for all applicants. If you don’t have one, before you proceed to the next step, please submit your application by filling this form (Click here). Once approved, your consular card will be delivered to you in the same envelope as the document you are applying for.
The embassy of Rwanda issues a one-way emergency travel document to Rwandans who urgently need to travel and have limited time to go through the normal procedure to acquire a passport. This document allows only one way to Rwanda
Every applicant should provide the following elements to qualify:
- Provide Proof of Rwandan citizenship (ID or Passport, Birth Certificate)
- Proof of emergency on which the application is based
- A request letter addressed to the Ambassador
- Two passport photos with a white background and all face and ears clearly visible
- Include a Prepaid traceable self-addressed FedEx return envelope for the Embassy to return the document back to the applicant for tracking and safety purposes
Note: Return envelopes with no tracking numbers will not be accepted. The Embassy highly discourages Rwandans living in the U.S, Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina to engage in any travel arrangements before an Emergency Travel Document is issued to them. The Embassy will not be held responsible for any flight delay or inconveniences for those who will fail to abide by this notice.