- May 7, 2019
The Embassy of the Republic of Rwanda in the U.S. is recruiting a full-time employee for the position of Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, and inventory control.
Energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Facilitate regular communication with all the departments in the Embassy as well as external organizations on behalf of the Embassy
- Handling telephone calls and answering general inquiries related to services offered by the Embassy
- Facilitate in scheduling meetings and courtesy call appointments for Diplomats
- Assist in administrative activities to diplomats including but not limited to writing note verbales/ recording/filing formal letters
- Receive, dispatch, and file incoming and outgoing mail (diplomatic pouches)
- Manage all purchase of office supplies, stationaries, and gifts
- Support newly arrived/assigned staff by orienting them to mission functions and procedures
- Maintain up to date records of key contacts and networks built during the year and share these with other members of staff
- Plan and assist with official events, tracking event budget and expenses, requesting or monitoring event supplies, coordinating event attendance, maintaining event guest lists, receiving and recording visitors, and serving as event control office
- Develop a strong set of key contacts and relationships, with the hospitality industry, suppliers, event equipment hire companies and other organizations.
- Write all internal and external correspondence relating to events including, invitations, menus, name cards, invoicing, contracts, terms and conditions, and event guidelines/agreements.
- Act as a key point of contact for internal Embassy departments and external parties for all types of events
- Any other duties as required
Education: A University degree is required. A degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred.
Prior Work Experience: One to three years of office management experience and events coordination is preferred.
Language Proficiency: Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English, oral and writing ability is required. This includes the ability to write well in English and compose correspondence.
All applicants must be 21 years old or above.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the embassy for further action.
To apply, please send your resumé/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is May 25th, 2019.