- October 30, 2020
New Precautionary Measures vis-à-vis the COVID-19 Pandemic as the Embassy of the Republic of Rwanda in Washington, D.C. resumes In-person Appointments.
As the Embassy of the Republic of Rwanda in Washington D.C. resumes in-person appointments, all our visitors and staff members must adhere to necessary safety measures set forth to reduce the risk of exposure. The following are temporary guidelines and etiquette that pertain to in-person appointments at our embassy until further notice:
(a) For e-Passport biometrics collection all visitors are required to;
- Have an appointment; no walk-in service will be accommodated,
- Wear facemasks and be ready for temperature screening,
- Sanitize hands upon admission,
- Adhere, at all times, to an advisory etiquette prescribed by an Embassy staff.
(b) Visa and legalization of documents applications submission;
- We highly recommend all* visa applications to be completed online through irembo.gov.rw. Otherwise, all visa applications must be mailed to the Embassy.
Exception:ONLYV-12 visas can only be applied through the Embassy.
- All applications for the Embassy’s notary and legalization of documents must be mailed to the Embassy.
- Due to the high demand for biometrics collection appointments, and for scheduling purposes, no late appointments will be permitted,
- Do not come to your appointment if you show any symptoms of the Covid-19 virus. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment at a later date.
- Visitors are required to present an ID before admission.
- Visitors are required to properly wear their face mask, covering their nose and mouth at all times during the appointment,
- Visitors are required to wash and/or sanitize their hands upon admission, before and after biometrics collection,
- Visitors are required to remain seated at their designated area during their appointment,
- No white color clothing on the upper body is allowed for picture-taking purposes,
- No hats or headwraps are allowed except for religious headdress,
- The religious headdress can only be a single color except for white.
Please bring with you a prepaid, traceable, and self-addressed envelope for your passport.
We look forward to having you at the Embassy.